Sunday 3 April 2011

Shopping spree!

Hello everyone out there in interweb land
What a fabulous weekend I've had fabric wise, I gave into temptation and shopped till the plastic melted. It was Soooo much fun!!!! 
I have to share so here's a peek


Tufted tweets
I just love how bright and rich these colours are in real life, due to living in North East England however we have no natural light...nope none at all...well...maybe a little, but not enough to take good pictures, so you'll just have to believe me when I say these are bright and beautiful!

Venice
What do you think of at the place name Venice? Wine, birds, books, trees and architecture obviously! I adore these prints, so fun and happy.


Aviary 2 in Bark
Aviary 2 in Lilac
Aviary 2 in Granite

I think I have fallen in love with this whole collection, so I bought a FQ of each print.

So it's been a slightly excessive weekend in terms of fabric shopping for me and I may have to eat baked beans on toast all week but my stash is very happy.
I have just noticed while writing this that every line has a bird print in it, I'm sure Issabella will be happy with all the birds in the house!

I have no idea what will be made from all of this birdie madness but I'm sure I'll have fun playing with them :)

I also got myself along to Pins and Needles on Friday. For anyone not in the UK it's a huge craft exhibition, I went with camera in hand and will post the pics once I've had the chance to sit down and go over them. I will say though that the full size knitted angel and "The scream" by  Edvard Munch turned into a wall hanging were utterly outstanding.

Hope you had a good weekend




2 comments:

  1. Oh I can't wait to see what your aviary turns into. The end result will be worth the toast. All of your fabrics picks are grand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, I see a lot of my fabrics in this post!

    ReplyDelete

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)