Tuesday 13 September 2011

I went AWOL and loved it :)

So I've been away a while...a while longer than I thought if I'm honest and I'm only just now getting back into the swing of sewing and blogging, so while I sew up some bits to blog about I thought I'd share these picks!

So right before I buggered off to a beautiful Island for a week I ran my first (possibly last!) market stall


Some pretties you may recognise :)

And a surly coffee deprived cold person you don't!

Yes by this point in the morning I was pulling faces trying to hide from the August weather inside an insulated parker begging for coffee (Leggings were NOT a good idea!)

However things got better later in the week with this


Sun rise in Ibiza
We pottered around the coast line, sunbathed and drank way too much sangria (well it would've been rude not to really) We did bimble along to the Hippy market in Es Cana between sitting on our bums doing very little and I'm really pleased we did as the crafts on show were so much fun


These little dudes are key rings, a Captain Jack and a kitty were duly smuggled home :)

The leather working was another thing that stood out, so I thought I'd better get a pic of it!


And lastly a smattering of fairly funky pottery


The trip was an early birthday present as next monday I'm planning on turning 29 yet again (This will be the 3rd time) and it really was one of the best birthday gifts I've ever had :)

Lastly but by no means least is a rather large apology to anyone reading this and wondering "Well where are my Bee blocks!?!" I forgot to post them before I went! They are done and sitting looking at me, which I feel is even worse than not finishing them so again I am very sorry to my Bee peeps these little blocks will be winging across the ocean to you all at the weekend.

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. You are back! You know I was looking at your icon in my followers (YAY) and thinking...hmmm...where is she...Just This Morning! So glad you are back. Love the shot of the market...especially the hair...I want that color hair! I just turned 29 for the 3rd time this month...what a coincidence. Glad your back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your market stall looks great - why might it be the last? The weather or the customers?! I love that pottery - it would great with my muesli! Welcome back - we missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)