Saturday 28 July 2012

One seam flying geese

I eventually got round to posting it :)
You have my apologies for the stray threads in these photo's and the bad lighting, but we're all friends here and I'm sure you'll forgive me!
I was shown how to make these at my LQS after bemoaning how crap I am at traditional flying geese, so I'm putting them out here on internet land for all of us that have an irrational fear of geese (We must have been attacked by geese when we were little) I didn't design them myself so please don't think I did.

For 1 unit you need
one 5.5"x3" rectangle for your triangle
two 3"x3" squares





Fold your "goose" in half wrong sides together and place it on the right side of a square.


Pop your other 3"x3" square on top, right side down.

Holding your little goose sandwich with the fold facing away from you wander to your nearest sewing machine and sew up a 1/4" seam on the right hand side. (Or hand sew if your that way inclined) 



Erm yes I know that's not a 1/4" seam on my block, I couldn't be chewed changing sewing machine feet so I eye balled it...badly! 

You should have something that looks like this.



Attack it with an iron!!!  Press the top square to the right.


Open it out and there you have it, a happy flying geese unit, with little "pockets" and no therapy needed :D




8 comments:

  1. Excellent thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!Thanks for sharing.Sure I`ll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little confused... do you sew down the triangle after?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m confused too. Is the blue print part two layers? Do you just leave it two layers?

      Delete
  4. Lol! Love your instructions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!!!!! I have hated flying geese because they all ended up looking like %&@#$. I'm definitely going to use this method. I might get lucky and make geese that actually fly. ROFL. Thanks again. I love the instructions and your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)