Wednesday 31 October 2012

Another finish...or two!

I finally got the binding on this quilt as you go quilt and then got it dry :) 



It's like a fruit salad of rainbow bright colours!


An I used the same backing as on the circles and squares quilt. Sorry Cindy I'm not sure what its called, I came across it at Absolutely fabrics and thought it looked very Orla Kiely so picked some up.




 I then decided to make a little set.
This Heather Ross fabric has been looking at me for ages waiting it's turn and yesterday I figured "why not!" So ran off a quilt and cushion set. Really simple and very girly! Madam keeps looking at it wistfully, being the big old 10 years old means your too old for mermaids and hearts apparently, or at least too old and not old enough to admit you do still really like them :)



I remembered online sewing's tutorial for a serpentine stitch and went to town with it, I kind of figured it looked all watery and right with the mermaids and fish.


Could this backing be any more girlie?!?  


So this set and the quilt have been listed in the shop for sale.

I'm now working on a Cath Kidston inspired quilt for a friend and hopefully should have some photos to show by the weekend :) 

Hope your having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)