Monday 29 October 2012

When inspiration hits me around the head!

So I was happily avoiding doing housework  looking at pretty thing on Etsy yesterday lunch time and I came across Red tile studio 
As quilters how can we not be stupidly inspired by those colours and shapes?!?

So right from the get go I knew what I had to do, it involved solids, straight lines and geometric shapes and I had to do it right then and there! 

So I did :)


Sorry for the iffy photos, I threw the quilt on the sofa on the way to the washer to take these and it's about 9pm at night so the light is rubbish, but you get the idea and I promise better pics will be taken soon!

This little circles and stripes quilt is taking a spin in the washing machine as I type, so it's all lovely and soft when it goes into the shop.

In other news the open fire is taking it's sweet time getting sorted out. After re-pointing the chimney and putting a pot and cage back on Wednesday we need to get a "Throat plate" for it before we can actually light a fire in it. The only issue with this is we have no idea of the model number or name of our fire place and we have to get one to fit! 

Hopefully I should be back with another finish tomorrow (& a fluffed up circles and stripes quilt) once I get the binding finished on another quilt...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sarah! Glad we could bring you some inspiration. We appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the backing. What is it?

    ReplyDelete

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)