Friday 17 May 2013

Bloggers quilt festival May '13 Throw quilt category



This is my Fairytale Forest quilt and I Love it so I'm entering it into the Bloggers quilt festival.

If you've came over from Amy's place a big hello and feel free to have a look around and stay for a while


A few of you will have seen this quilt before, but I assure you with prints this fun and bright there is always more to look at :D 


It was my first attempt at diamonds and I fussy cut every single one of them from my favourite fabrics that my mum had bought for me as an early Christmas gift in 2011.
I sashed between each diamond with a lovely linen polkadot.
And decided I wanted funky corners too, so thats exactly what I did! 



As I type this post the Fairytale Forest quilt is looking at me from across the room on my armless arm chair (but thats another story!) 


Waiting for me to collect a load more bright and busy prints to make it a friend :) 
I hope you're enjoying the festival as much as I am, I've got Bella on my knee and a cup of tea on the go and I'm intending on not moving from the sofa, unless refills are needed, until it's time for the school run.

Quilty factoids 
New to me techniques - Diamonds and Sashing
Dimensions 57" x 71" or 139cm x 174cm depending on wherein the world you are 
Quilted by Me
Pattern adapted from Kaffee fassett book simple shapes, spectacular quilts (I can recommend this one for eye candy value)

Now head back over to amy's creative side and see the other lovely creations over there :) 




29 comments:

  1. The diamonds are like sparkling jewels! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fantastic quilt - you did an amazing job on your new techniques:-) I love the fancy corners and dotty backing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I think you may just have inspired me to make a diamonds quilt - it's stunning. The colours are very me - I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt with those vibrant colors. And very neat trick with the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabric choices!! Love the visual impact it has...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love all the great colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely way to showcase your favorite fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you know I do love a good, bright quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! So bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beauty! And I like the funky corners too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your Diamonds with us. I have a diamond quilt cut out- I better get sewing on it- after the Festival of course!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is absolutely beautiful, congratulation:)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. what fun bright colors! And you did a great job for your first time at diamonds. I haven't ventured down that road yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spectacular! I love the on point blocks and those crazy fun corners!! :) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! This is such a fabulous quilt!! Love those fussy cut diamonds ,funky corners and polka dot backing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it - the colours are glorious and the polka dot sashing is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a happy and fun quilt; great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the bright colors and the fun corners!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love what you did with the corners :) the quilt is a really beautiful collection of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love love love this!! Really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! I"m a big fan of actual diamonds (not just squares on their sides!). This is so fun and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your quilt. I love bright and busy too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the bright fabrics! So refreshing to see! Oh, and btw, I love a good armless armchair, hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)