Wednesday 15 May 2013

Seeing stars!


Well I've managed to finish not one but two quilts since my last post, needles to say I'm a little impressed with myself! 


This little quilt had been begging me to get my act together and finish it for awhile, so I did the right thing and quilted the heck out of it and put it's binding on :) 


All of the stars are made using scraps of my favourite fabrics.


I really did quilt the heck out of this one! Wavy straight lines running vertically down the quilt give it the most amazing texture.

Then last week I finally got around to playing with the Glimma fabric I picked up from Stash Modern Fabric back in April and I went straight back to do another Giant star quilt 


I'm telling you this quilt pattern is addictive! 


I figured I would back it in, what is in my opinion, one of the best text prints around Britten Nummer from Ikea. I always think it looks clean fresh and modern! 


Then I got my meandering groove on! The star is quilted in white and the background is quilted in a complimentary teal colour so it blends in really well.

Both of these quilts have made it into the etsy shop this evening.

My sewing plans for tomorrow include finishing off the pillow top for the Pillow talk swap over on Flickr and celebrating with Madam that her sats exams will be over and done with! We both have really mixed feelings about 10 and 11 year olds doing exams but it can't be changed so we just support her and make sure she knows her best is good enough for us! 
If any of you have younger ones sitting their first sets of exams this year I hope they coped really well and didn't get too stressed out. 

Hope your having  really good week and planning on entering Bloggers quilt festival at Amy's place!


3 comments:

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)