Sunday 8 September 2013

A quiet improv finish

So after a day at work today we thought it would be a good idea to head to the beach to get some photos of my latest finished quilt :D 

 

My quiet improv quilt is all finished, bound in a beautiful deep petrol blue and backed in a funky white and grey check print. 


I love looking at it and spotting all of the different prints.


It is now listed in my Etsy shop if you'd like to see more.

It finished up at 46"x53" made without a pattern, just cutting and sewing together prints as I went. I've quilted it in a serpentine stitch pattern running diagonally down the quilt and I love the movement it has created. 

All in all I am chuffed to bits with this one and can imagine making may more the same way. 


1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful. I love your combination of fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)