Sunday 6 October 2013

Crochet cushion

So this is how the crochet cushion looks now it has a back and is sitting pretty on the sofa.


If I had thought ahead I would have taken some construction photos along the way, not to worry though I am sure I'll make another one soon! 
I sewed the crochet to a pale check fabric oblong, nothing special just what I had to hand, and then treat the whole thing like a normal envelope back cushion. I did pay close attention to the seam lines just so I didn't loose the crochet pattern in there! 


Right now it's covering a cushion that is much too plump for it but I'm showing you anyway because I Love the fabric on the back, it's my newest Ikea fabric purchase. I bought it along with the sofa with the intention of using as cushion backs-I love it when a plan comes together! 


By the time I had crocheted the cushion front I had remembered how much I enjoy sitting in the sitting room on an evening crocheting with a film on and Him in doors grumbling on the sofa with me so I pulled out what was left of my stash and went on the hunt for a pattern.




This is the one I went with.


It's a basic stripe pattern and again this one is for our bed! Can you tell I'm worried it's going to be a COLD winter :D 

So I have a little bit of paperwork to get through this evening and then I'm off to the sewing room for an hour or two of Liberty sewing! 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! Beautiful crochet in gorgeous colours, pretty ikea fabrics and then just a hint of Liberty to finish up. Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)