Wednesday 12 March 2014

Chunky quilting and blue sky

So as I mentioned in my last post I was going to try out machine quilting with Aurifil Thread 12wt   


I can happily say I loved it! Chunky heavy duty quilting makes me rather happy :)


 We headed to the beach this lunch time as it has been lovely weather today, so the quilt came with us. The beach huts were looking very pretty so thats where we headed.


It was so good to see that big bright blue sky!

I can't get over how vibrant this quilt is in the sunshine.



I've backed it in my favourite backing fabric Britten Nummer and bound it with this fiery stripe. I do think the Nummer calms down the quilt a lot, kind of like a cucumber and mint raita with a really hot curry! 


I've popped this one into my shop and hope it finds a happy home soon. 

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. Love those beach houses!! How fun and colorful..the perfect backdrop for your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is stunning and you found the perfect spot for a photoshoot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, quilt? Beachhuts in the sun ? If I had to choose a favourite it would have to be the quilt, but they are both fab!!!

    ReplyDelete

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)