Tuesday 15 April 2014

A Spring quilt finish


Its sunny and cold here in Northumberland, just the right sort of weather for beach photos! 


I love this old pink building, it was painted this colour when it was in use during World War II 
It makes an interesting backdrop for a quilt! 


Backed in my favourite backing fabric (I promise I will used something else soon!) I think it looks lovely and fresh against the coastal colours.


With all of its soft minty colours and floral fabrics I thought it could do with a little zing in the binding and went for a scrappy binding with quite a few shades of coral. 


It is now listed in my shop ready to go to a new home! 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful little quilt! The coral binding is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgeous! The quilt, the backdrop and the weather! But especially the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt. I love the minty colour! Really gorgeous photos too!!

    ReplyDelete

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)