Monday 27 October 2014

Overwhelmed and making the most of it!

Well that summer blogging break lasted a bit longer than planned! 
Over the last 2 months I have made a lot of stuff and photographed most of it with the intention of getting it on here with a well worded post...however its been the well worded part thats held me back! Sometimes I don't know what to say other than "hey look I made this!" or "Aren't these pretty fabrics" and that seems a bit show and tell, a touch shallow and a bit like I'm bragging.
But I do love my little blog and I enjoy sharing the things I make without the pressure I seem to be putting on myself to validate why I'm doing it. I also like showing off pretty things simply for the fact they are pretty to me and might be to you too, if you happen to get a new idea for a fabric combination or an idea for a quilt pattern or sewing inspiration all the better :) 
So moving forward I will remember that this little space is mine to do with as I like and you all wouldn't be popping back to say hi if you thought it wasn't a fun place to have a look around once in a while :D

So the last 6 weeks have been really crochet heavy! Noro silk garden and Republic Of Wool sock yarn have been in heavy rotation. The Noro is going to be a simple granny square blanket and is great for killing time on my commute! 


Mighty matter from Republic Of Wool is going to be my Haiku shawl I do think I would have better stitch definition with a solid yarn but I love the pattern and love this colour way so it is what it is :) 
The Smith and Wesson yarn is being held double to make a super sturdy cowl for him in doors Aaaand that last photo is a t shirt yarn that unfortunately I can't find a link for but is being hooked up on a size 10 hook and is aspiring to be a rug! 

In other news from August I went down to Peterborough to see a lovely lady Abbie Williams She created the perfect tattoo for me featuring Issabella! It has so much personal meaning to me with lots of little details that make me smile whenever I see them, if you look closely at the bottom it even has a Lone star quilt block just waiting to be coloured next time I see her :) I will share more photos once its finished! 


September was my birthday too so lots of celebrating was had, I even got a Dave the minion cake! 


And just so that this post has some actual quilting in it, I have been working sloooowly on my single girl quilt, hand quilting each block is enjoyable but not a fast way to work!


With just a few more blocks to make I've started auditioning backing fabrics.


So expect a few more "catch up" posts over the next few days and I hope you've enjoyed this look into the last few month at Chez Issabella! 




3 comments:

  1. Are you making it more like a duvet cover? Why quilt before you put on the backing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your SG quilt is going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)